Saturday, January 1, 2011

Out of Touch in Galveston

There's a gremlin in my new MacBook Pro. Internet connection is erratic and navigation is impossible. I'm using Dennis' Dell right now, and it works just fine. The two computers are sitting on the same table.

My machine has had serious problems since Dennis gave it to me in September. Apple replaced the battery and two other major parts. It still didn't work. Here in Galveston the nearest Apple Store is 40 miles away in a Texas-size, cacophenous mall. The Genius Bar guy, who was very nice, reset some Internet settings, ran diagnostics, and found no other problems.

I don't know where to turn next. I fantisize about pitching the MacBook Pro in the canal below our deck.

I'd like to do a post with photos, but can't figure out how to load them on this machine. When Dennis gets back from his beach walk he will help.

In the meantime, the sun is shining, the palm trees are waving in the breeze, and all really is well on this first day of 2011.

1 comment:

Jayhawk Fan said...

We are FREEZING our bummies off in Colorado Springs where the high yesterday was 7. Today, it is a least sunny with a high of 17. We experienced blizzard-like conditions Friday that caused all sorts of traffic problems Enjoy paradise, even if you can't blog about it...would love to see photos of your canal house!

Love you and Happy New Year!