Friday, December 17, 2010

Where The Wild Goose Goes

Christmas preparations are finished. I've purchased the presents and baked the cookies.

These are hazelnut biscotti for Jayhawk Fan, winner of the plant identification contest.
Extra melted chocolate was the basis of a few peanut clusters.

Now it's time to pack up and follow the geese south. Galveston Island is singing its siren song and a little canal house is waiting for our arrival.

Dennis, a most generous man, provides this great indulgence for my achy bones. In fact, this will be my eighth winter on the Gulf coast. How I love walking the beach day after day! I love the fresh seafood, the shore birds, and the milder weather. After months of gardening, canning and freezing, three months of relaxation will restore my energy for the next busy, fruitful season here in Kansas.

I am a very lucky woman, and I am mindful of the millions of people who are out of work, on the streets, and uncertain of their next meal. May they be helped and protected through the winter.

1 comment:

Jayhawk Fan said...

Oh, how I'm going to miss you, Mama!

I look forward to the biscotti, but I wish I could share them with you over a cup of coffee!

Be safe. You are loved!
(We'll talk soon!)