Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Seashell Silliness

One day while Grant and Blair were surf fishing,  I gathered some thin, translucent shells that I call "fingernails." I've always wanted to see them on a hand, and Blair happily obliged. Grant snapped the picture with his phone.



Once when I was visiting the Reinking family in Colorado, a little girlfriend of Cleo's spent the night. She was an adorable child with big glasses and pigtails. She came from a pretty serious family with strict behavior standards. At the dinner table that evening, when some goofiness got going, the little girl exclaimed, "I just love to be silly!" Me, too. A little silliness is good for the child in each of us.

5 comments:

Jayhawk Fan said...

Hooray! A post!

Boy, those "fingernail" seashells make for a weird looking hand! If I didn't know those were shells, I'd think Blair had a very strange disease! How fun that she was willing to pose. I'm liking the ring she is sporting on her finger!

Shirley said...

Do you remember that little girl? What was her name?

Jayhawk Fan said...

Meg.

I tried to call you today, but there was NO ANSWER! I had tutoring this morning and then errands afterward.

Big storm brewing here and in Kansas!

Shirley said...

Is Meg still in Colorado Springs?

Hope you have plenty of books and movies to get you through the storm.

Jayhawk Fan said...

Nothing happened afterall! Just cold and overcast today...

Meg goes to Palmer and is the IB program, but we don't see her socially anymore. She is definitely different from the rest of her family, though!