Monday, January 31, 2011

Sea Isle

Not every house on the West end of Galveston Island is large and ostentatious. I know of two enclaves of modest homes where people actually live. One is Palm Beach and the other is Sea Isle, where my rented house is located.

Here are two examples of lived-in houses in Sea Isle:



Four or five businesses are located here, including the marina "bait camp" and store,


A nice restaurant next to them,


And the Sea Isle Supermarket, where I do not shop.


Finally, here's my little Sea Isle house, where I feel right at home.


Sorry to say, houses like this aren't built here any more. All the new houses are MacMansions and there are far too many of them.

2 comments:

Jayhawk Fan said...

What's wrong with folks today? Too much money? The worst part of the McMansions is that they were built on what I considered sacred ground, nesting areas for wild birds. Those dang McMansions are ostentatious and empty, just like the hearts of those who buy them!

LawrenceLinda said...

Canal Breeze is looking good. The palms are still in front of the porch. The photo was a 'canal breeze' across my living room. Your blob posts are a treat on a cold day. Linda