Friday, April 29, 2011

Family Time

Easter weekend was family time. On Saturday, Carol and Bill came with the children for lunch. While Carol and I made chicken and pork enchiladas, Zander enjoyed some milk from his cowboy cup.


Later, he had a man-to-man talk with Poppy.


After lunch, everyone went home except Pippi, who stayed for a sleep-over. Perfect weather lured us outdoors, where Pippi gathered the eggs and then created a little house for a tiny dinosaur. Here, he relaxes on his porch.


Back inside, we made new star-shaped colors from a collection of old Crayola stubbs.


Pippi left early the next morning to attend church.  Dennis and I drove to Centralia to visit his mother, Rose Evelyn. Brother Gary was there when we arrived, providing a photo op. Rose Evelyn will be 93 in May.


Life seems quite long when we consider that these family members span nine decades and four generations. Together the generations form a rich texture that gives life meaning. Sadly, we will have to wait a long time for the fifth generation to appear. How I would love to meet them when they arrive!

4 comments:

Jayhawk Fan said...

I could just eat up Carol's kids!

Zander is a hoot wearing his lumber jack shirt and holding the cowboy cup like he's drinkin' coffee with the boys!

Pippi is a beauty! Those large green eyes! I can't believe how grown up she's looking! When did THAT happen?

Rose Evelyn is looking great!

Thanks for sharing!
Love you!

Jayhawk Fan said...

I can't quit coming back to this post to check out these FABULOUS photos! They make me so happy!

You can really capture the nature of folks in your photos!

Love you!

Shirley said...

Photo credit is due Carol for her picture of Dennis and Zander. She saw the moment and caught it.

WilleWorks.com said...

Love the photos ~ I'll miss my little niece and nephew if they move. Pippi reminds me of Grant in these photos..... Those big sweet eyes.