Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Solitude of Pain

When Linda suggested that I post more frequently, I realized that pain has been my preoccupation for almost two weeks. Pain separates one from society, from the earth. It constantly demands attention. It is the Berlin Wall of consciousness, a barrier between us and the free, active life we crave.

Will it be resolved? Will some cause be identified, explained, and remedied? For some of us, no. For others of us, yes. For me, there's no telling at the moment, but I hope so.

2 comments:

LawrenceLinda said...

After your mention of the fourth stage of life, frailty, I came home and started weeding vigorously. Suddenly, while pulling up an ash seedling, I broke a capillary in my finger and had to go in for an ice cube. I sat down, went back in and got more ice cubes in a drink. Then I raked up the weeds and called it quits.
The next morning, I was weeding with a splint around my finger. All this has led me to think about needing an exoskeleton for lawn work. To the drawing board. Tschuss! Linda

Shirley said...

Would it be a suit of armor? Aluminum might be too soft and steel too heavy. Let's get an engineer to work on this idea!
Shirley