Monday, April 11, 2011

She Could Be The One

Just half an hour ago Annie started barking at another dog in our yard, a pretty, fluffy dog. Dennis said this dog, possibly a stray, has been hanging around the neighborhood for a few weeks.

He lured her in with whistles and gentle calls. Slowly, cautiously she came. She sniffed Annie. Dennis checked for a collar; there was none. I brought two bowls of food. Both dogs ate -- Annie eating with more gusto than she has since we lost Kazak.

Here's the visitor cleaning her bowl.


All done. Is there more?


Please?


I've been waiting so long for our new dog to come to us. My hopes are high. Does she look like a Chloe?

5 comments:

Jayhawk Fan said...

She's a beauty! Wonder what her story is? Could she possibly be someone's dog who's just really hungry?

Keep us posted!

Shirley said...

She isn't here today, but yesterday she was defending our yard from the neighbor's dogs, with Annie as back up. She and Annie romped in the yard. She begged me to pet her, but didn't show jealousy toward Annie.

I'd be happy if she would just visit us often.

Jayhawk Fan said...

Would someone take her to the Humane Society? I'm going to check their website!

Jayhawk Fan said...

I just visited the Humane Society website, and while I didn't see your dog, I fell in love with Mabel. I better not visit or I'd take her in a heartbeat!

Shirley said...

Sorry to report that this sweet dog has not appeared for a long time now. I guess she has moved on. We're still hoping for a new dog to find us.