Thursday, July 8, 2010

Pie


Deserved or not, I have a reputation for baking good pies. When grandson Zachary's birthday came in June I decided his gift would be a pie a day during his visit here beginning on June 30. The first pie was cherry but it was gone before I got a picture. The next day he requested chocolate cream pie with whipped cream topping.


The next day it was Meyer lemon topped with meringue. Last Christmas my friend Chris Theis gave me Meyer lemons from the tree on his Baton Rouge patio. I froze the juice for just such occasions as this.


Zach and his dad, Todd, finished off the lemon pie the next day, and I took a day off.

The next day, July 4, we all went to Grant's goodbye party. I made blueberry and peach pies. From the extra crust, I made a little peach tart in an antique pan that has "Happy Home" stamped in the bottom.



Sad to say, my favorite pie eater and his family have gone back to Colorado Springs. But today I made a rhubarb pie for my neighbor Al who is looking after the chickens while Dennis is away.


So far I've never met a person who doesn't love pie.

2 comments:

Jayhawk Fan said...

Dang! You made him and GAVE him a whole, entire PIE!? I wonder how well a pie would fare being mailed.....to Colorado Springs!

Jayhawk Fan said...

I think the rolling pin should be your signature heading from now on!