Friday, July 23, 2010

What The Heck

Last week I did some things I shouldn't have and blew out both wrists. Every time I bent a wrist, pain shot through it. Pain is a powerful deterrent so I did only essential things, such as brush my teeth.

The enforced idleness was boring until I remembered a new jigsaw puzzle waiting in the closet for just such an occasion. What the heck! I gave myself permission to play and rest.

The first part went quickly.



Then it mostly came down to a big red pot, a bigger orange pot, and a mess of greenery. Progress slowed.


Yesterday, just before supper, I placed the last piece. It was orange.


Why didn't I watch movies or read a book? Too passive. I needed the illusion of accomplishing something. Three days of rest have almost restored my wrists and that's the real accomplishment.

2 comments:

Jayhawk Fan said...

When I read "What the Heck," I immediately thought of how Pipi says that too! Love the puzzle! There is something really nice about finishing a puzzle.

I'm happy you wrists are nearly restored!

Now, be C-A-R-E-F-U-L, you wild woman, you!

Jayhawk Fan said...

Oops! YOUR wrists!