Sunday, March 25, 2012

Hello Out There

I had written this journal for two or three years before I recently discovered that the host site keeps statistics on the number of visits to my journal and the countries where the visitors are located.

Wow! Most readers are located in the United States, but people in several other parts of the world are visiting and presumably reading this page.

To all of my friends living in Australia, Brazil, China, Colombia, France, Germany, India, Russia, Slovenia, United Kingdom, Ukraine and Venezuela, I'm honored that you visit and I hope to hear from all of you someday. If I omitted your country, it was not intentional – visitors vary day by day.

As you no doubt know, my way of life in the U.S. is neither typical nor unique. Many other people in this country cherish the earth, strive to leave a small footprint, attempt to be self-sufficient in as many respects as possible, and fervently hope for world peace.

So, welcome to Paradise. I wish we could sit down together for a cuppa' and a chat. I'd introduce you to Dennis, Annie and the hens, show you the garden and take you for a walk in the woods. You could tell me about your life and aspirations. Maybe together we could figure out how human beings can live in harmony with each other and the earth.




2 comments:

Jayhawk Fan said...

Brought tears to my eyes, Mama!
Love you!

LawrenceLinda said...

You made me miss the ocean. Welcome home!