Saturday, June 19, 2010

Mad About Chinese Take-Out


This carton was full of kung pao chicken when I lifted it by the handle. The handle pulled out of the carton and slid through my fingers, impaling the hook three-eighths of an inch into the pad of my middle finger. For a moment I stared in horror, then realized that no one else was home and I would have to pull it out myself. So I did. It hurts like the dickens.

Two days ago I got in my car and pulled the seat belt across my chest. Before I could click it, a bee, which apparently had been sitting on the belt, stung my neck. That hurt like the dickens, too.

What next? I'm going to be on the look-out.

2 comments:

Jayhawk Fan said...

Good night, mother! Impaled on/in your finger? Did you lose the chicken in the process? There are some days when I'm driving around and thinking that I'm probably going to get into a car crash, just because it seems like nothing is going right. I would kiss your owies, if I lived closer! Love you!

Jayhawk Fan said...

I have to admit, that the photo of the trashed Chinese take out made me laugh....until I found out about your accident with it!