Thursday, May 21, 2015

Stopping Ants in Their Tracks

A week or so ago a few tiny black ants showed up in our kitchen, the same day the first fruit fly appeared. I saw the little ants exploring here and there on the countertops, but couldn’t discover their access point. Finally, after several days’ observation, I saw four ants emerging from a tiny space at the bottom of the window frame.

That was all I needed to know. I reached for the baking soda and dumped about a teaspoonful on the windowsill, just enough to block the ant highway, which was just beneath the ant in this photo.


Unfortunately a couple of ants were trapped in the kitchen, unable to get back to their nest. I’m sorry about that, but I’m happy to have solved the ant problem without resorting to poison. Baking soda barrier along an ant trail will stop them every time.


Copyright 2015 by Shirley Domer

No comments: