Tuesday, April 1, 2014

My Kitchen Buddha


I call him my kitchen god, but really he is a happy Buddha. I loved him the moment I spotted him in some store or other. “You are going home with me,” I told him, and bought him immediately.

I knew that I wanted this wonderfully happy fat guy to live in my kitchen. Obviously  a lot of food made him what he is – a guy who loves life and loves to eat. I wanted him to bless and rejoice in good food that passes through my kitchen.

He has blessed our bread…


He has celebrated early spring greens….


He digs broccoli…


And, of course, he rejoices in cake.


Currently the happy Buddha is helping out in the kitchen by supporting the antenna of our worthless radio.


Gosh, I love the happy Buddha.

Copyright 2014 by Shirley Domer

2 comments:

Jayhawk Fan said...

For some reason, this post reminded me of when I'd go through your jewelry box when I was little and ask if I could have something from it when you died. That Buddha guy is loved by us all!

Shirley said...

The happy buddha is now on your list, Jayhawk Fan.