Wednesday, April 30, 2014

More Getting Ready


Highly motivated to finish a wall hanging before I go to the hospital tomorrow, I solicited Dennis’s help in hanging it on the living room wall. To be properly displayed it should be hanging in a window, but there isn’t time to figure out how to suspend it, so this is its temporary home.


This hanging was inspired by a window in Delft’s Oude Kerk. The view is toward the street from inside the church. Tree branches are barely visible in the lower part of the hanging. If it were hanging in a window, the branches would be more prominent. Even this close up photo doesn’t do the branches justice.


That’s all right for now. I’ll be back in a couple of weeks with plenty of time to find the right way of making it a window hanging. For the time being I feel satisfied to have completed a piece too long in the works.

This will be my last post for a while. I will be in our wonderful Lawrence Memorial Hospital for several days and then move to a rehabilitation facility until I get used to my new hip.

In the meantime, please send me you positive thoughts.

Copyright 2014 by Shirley Domer

1 comment:

LawrenceLinda said...

The Olde Kerk window is wonderful. It emits calm.