Sunday, August 25, 2013

Up and Down in The Rocky Mountains


High in the Rocky Mountains along the Cache de Poudre River Valley many wonders await the visitor from Kansas.

Ox-eye daisies, which bloom in June back home, blooming along side goldenrod, which blooms in September at home…


Bones of trees decaying over many decades…


A glory of rose hips…


Lichens on age-old rocks…


Rushing water…


And towering rock heaps everywhere one turns…


I have enjoyed these sights and many more for thirty-eight years, but this year will be my last. High elevations and rheumatoid arthritis are incompatible. Every approaching storm  has nearly paralyzed me with pain. I don’t expect to pass this way again on my life's journey.

Copyright 2013 by Shirley Domer

1 comment:

Jayhawk Fan said...

This is a lovely tribute that brought tears to my eyes...

Love you, Mama!

Nanjo