Wednesday, August 1, 2012

In The Land of Double Rainbows


I couldn't take the Kansas heat and drought any more. I fled to Colorado to stay with Nancy and her family. Every day there's been a thunderstorm. One day there were three. This double rainbow appeared after yesterday's storm. I took the photo standing in Nancy's front yard facing the Colorado College campus.

Only now do I realize how stressful the prolonged heat and drought have been. Back home no one has much appetite and they're not sleeping well. It's a wonder they are keeping their sanity. They are tougher than I am, that's for sure. I hope the rain reaches them soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We finally got a little rain this morning. The other day when you got 1 1/2 inches, we just got a sprinkle that couldn't even be measured. By the way, Pete's wife is an assistant prof at CC.

Shirley said...

Carlena, I looked at the radar for eastern Kansas this morning and was delighted to see that rain had moved through in the early hours. Here's hoping more is on the way.

Should I look up Pete and his wife while I'm here?