Friday, August 31, 2012

A New Camera!

For my birthday, which is next week, Dennis bought me a new camera, a Cannon S95. Of course we couldn't wait to try it out, so while I was preparing supper, Dennis was firing away. Here's where the cooking occurs and on the right the location of many of the food pictures I've posted.


Then there's the sink area and my view of the chicken yard from the window. A bag of Gulf shrimp sits on the counter along with the potatoes waiting to be roasted. Yes, that's my bourbon and water sitting between them.


He insisted on taking a shot of me, too. I insisted on including the kitchen god, who always smiles down on the food I prepare.


When I got busy with food preparation Dennis wandered off to the dining room with Annie and the camera.


He also took a photo of the bookcase on the opposite wall.


I'm posting these, not because they are interesting, but because I'm so thrilled with the quality of photos this camera takes. As one last example, here's the shrimp as we were about to dig in.


I had read that Gulf shrimp taste oily from the BP oil disaster, but these shrimp from Galveston tasted as sweet and delicious as Gulf shrimp always have.

1 comment:

Jayhawk Fan said...

Beautiful!
Mother, you look radiant in your kitchen with the kitchen god!

Nice lookin' shrimpies too!

The house sure looks clean; so different from the last time I was there with Carol and there was a party going on with tons of dishes and people all around!