Saturday, September 4, 2010

Boosting The Local Economy

Retirees who paid off our mortgages early and lived modestly during our working years are among the few Americans who have money to spend. Now we have an obligation boost the economy. We can buy things, but what helps most is hiring people to do things for us. Accordingly, we now have a yard man and a house-cleaning service.

Yesterday two energetic young women cleaned the house from ceilings to floors. The most dramatic evidence of their work is in the kitchen. The stove area...


The baking center...


While the cleaners worked, I spent time at the sewing machine, starting construction of a faux chenille purse. Here's what I accomplished...


After the cleaners left, I retired to the patio to shell beans and sip bourbon, unwilling to mess up the kitchen by cooking.


What a good investment! The workers have money and I have the leisure to do the things I enjoy. May the local economy prosper.

2 comments:

Jayhawk Fan said...

G.W.Bush would be so PROUD!

The kitchen is GLEAMING!

Wishing I was sitting right next to you shelling beans like the Native Americans did!

Jayhawk Fan said...

Carol here. I know, I know -- you're not believing that I'm actually commenting on your blob. But I am! And I like it very, very much. The layout is good clean design at its best. Everything about the blob is tidy and appealing. Sort of reminds me of the look of the Martha Stewart magazine.

Love you,
Fred