Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Adios, Uno

Uno is a bundle of energy. She bites the backs of my legs in a misguided attempt to get me to play. She destroyed my Naot garden clogs and chewed up a big bag of potting soil. She's a rambunctious jumper. I suspect her lineage includes terrier, not beagle, judging from the way she shook an old T-shirt to death.

The real problem is that Uno must have been a house dog all her life. She seems afraid to be outside without us and jumps repeatedly against the front windows, desperate to be let in the house. She doesn't yet realize that dogs come into our house only in emergencies. Our dogs live outdoors and in the garage. As a special concession we have kept her in the entryway to our house. (That's how she got hold of my clogs.)

Here's what I think Uno needs: someone who wants a little dog to roughhouse with and who would enjoy playing ball with her. Someone who will share his/her bedroom with Uno and will not be mad if she chews up their slippers.

If you know of such a person, Uno will be waiting at the Lawrence Humane Society.

2 comments:

Jayhawk Fan said...

I burst out laughing at that last line...

Shirley said...

We have revised our dog search. We're now waiting for a dog to choose us.