Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Case of Mistaken Identity


As Annie Hall so often said when nonplussed, “Well, la-di-da, la-di-da.” Ever since we returned from Galveston I’ve been searching for the dirty clothes I packed to bring back separately from clean ones. I remember putting them in a kitchen trash bag and topping them with my black dress shoes.

Just now as I was doing laundry a light bulb came on: when Dennis packed the car he mistook my dirty clothes for trash and put the bag in the trash cart at Canal Breeze. My clothes are gone – underwear, jeans, T-shirts and shoes – gone to the Galveston dump.

Well, la-di-da, la-di-da.

Never mind. The scenery around Paradise has been soft and monochromatic. The snowy fields with silos and trees…


The Rural Water District No. 2 water tower, providing a spot of soft color…


And the memorial in our yard where ashes of some departed friends are scattered.


Who cares about a few clothes and a pair of shoes? Beauty is all around.

Copyright 2013 by Shirley Domer

1 comment:

Jayhawk Fan said...

Good grief!

Glad you can be so Annie Hall about it!

Love the photo of the memorial grove!