Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Onward Through The Fog

My girl Nancy flew down from Colorado for a short visit. I had ordered warm weather, but neglected to specify sunshine to go with it. Every day was foggy but we went to the beach anyway. Nancy recorded the scene.


The air was so thick with moisture that it condensed on everything, even this tiny feather.


In the distance we saw what appeared to be a flock of sheep.


But they turned out to be Great Pyrenees dogs out for a walk. Nancy quickly made friends.


Before leaving, we stopped to admire a sand sculpture.


I didn't miss the sun because Nancy is sunshine personified.

3 comments:

Jayhawk Fan said...

A gifted photographer! I looked at that sand too, and I didn't see a flower, til you took the picture!

LawrenceLinda said...

Shirley,
Nancy must have been a real tonic for you...akin to brewer's yeast. When given fog, make bean soup.
The photos are beautiful. Linda

Shirley said...

Linda, you are right -- she was a tonic. This morning the fog finally lifted and things are drying out. I'm going to Nate's, three miles up the road, for a catfish dinner to celebrate. It was near Nate's that the orca whale beached itself a couple of days ago, so I'll get the gossip about that unusual event. I, myself, saw a dead dolphin on the beach recently. It had a LOT of teeth.

I hear you have more snow. Sorry.