Sunday, August 21, 2011

Linda's Wisdom

My friend Linda is a marvelous combination of left brain/right brain fusion. She's an artist and a microbiologist. She's emotional and rational all at the same time. Here she is at the West End restaurant when she visited me in Galveston in 2010.


Linda commented on my last post ("I'm Mad As Hell) with suggestions about actions we could take to correct some of our problems. (This in contrast to my rant, which consisted of bitching about problems.) Now, on Facebook, she has another suggestion, which I have shamelessly lifted:
We need jobs. I suggest the government tax the rich and start 50 (one in each state), let's call them "Health Grant Colleges," to train thousands of new doctors and health care workers. There would be more high paying jobs and we could start to solve the health care crisis.
I hope she comes up with more ideas. Maybe she should run for president.





3 comments:

Jayhawk Fan said...

YES! I always appreciate listening to the Positives!

LawrenceLinda said...

You must be the head of my campaign committee!
The pen is mightier than the sword. I wonder if that applies to social media.
Let's just keep ranting! At the very least, it helps keep us sane.

Shirley said...

It's a deal, Linda. If you create the solutions I'll publicize them, not that I have a wide range of readers. Better yet, you could have your own blog and I will be your follower!