Thursday, December 15, 2016

Be Back Soon

I’ve been in Tucson for more than two weeks now. Arizona and Kansas are so different in many ways for me. In Kansas I am rather isolated in the country, while here I am in mid-town Tucson, part of a four-person intergenerational family. In Kansas the nearest grocery store is twenty minutes away, but here I can get to Sprouts Farmers Market in just three minutes. Although a million people live in this area, midtown gives me access to everything I need within the neighborhood. There’s even a crematorium not far from our house, just in case.

I can’t write in my Chicken Creek Journal while I’m in Tucson because the two places are so radically different. Today I’m switching to my other journal, Tucson Off and On, to record my alternate reality. I hope to be back here in April 2017, assuming I won't need to patronize the neighborhood crematorium in the meantime.

Before we left Kansas, Dennis hung old quilts over our uncurtained front windows. 


Copyright 2016 by Shirley Domer

1 comment:

LawrenceLinda said...

I like the quilt with the light behind it. Goodbye on this blog til spring.