Sunday, April 5, 2015

Neither Here nor There

After six weeks in Tucson I’m back in Kansas, but I’m neither fully here nor fully there. I wander through the house renewing my acquaintance with all the decorations and deciding which ones would fit nicely into the casitas in Tucson.


This painting by my pal Linda definitely will be going to the new place.


I tour the garden to admire Dennis’s lettuce, spinach, and escarole crops, but I wonder how the various squash seeds I started in Tucson are faring.  I’m happy to see friends here again but I miss the energy of my young housemates in Tucson. When I take loaves of bread from the oven I’m imagining how it will be to bake bread in a tiny kitchen.

It wouldn’t be correct to say that I left my heart in Tucson, but a piece of it remains there. I don’t feel diminished one bit. My heart has just expanded. This is a time of growth and renewal. Happy spring, everyone.



Copyright 2015 by Shirley Domer

1 comment:

WilleWorks.com said...

Happy Spring!!!! Xoxoxo