Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Sojourn In Tucson

Here I am in Tucson, experiencing season shock. Two days ago I was in wintery Kansas. The temperature was 24º when I boarded a plane at MCI. Here it’s an ideal 72º with a clear blue sky above.

The sun warms my back. Birds are singing. Shrubs and aloes are blooming. Although I don’t know their names, their color gives me joy.


This is the beginning of an experiment in intergenerational living, involving grandparents, grandson and his bride-to-be. Dennis and I plan to spend our winters here, living in the two casitas behind our grandson’s house. This year my Arizona sojourn, which Dennis was unable to join, will last about five weeks. We enter this new phase of life with loving hearts, high hopes, and a sense of adventure.

I’ll be documenting this experience in a new blog, Tucson Times. Chicken Creek Journal will be in abeyance for the duration of my stay. I’ll be back in time for spring garden planting in Kansas.


Copyright 2015 by Shirley Domer

No comments: